I have some good news for those of you who view this blog on your mobile phones. I have a new feature just for you. Now you can add my blog as an “app” on your phones. This means you won’t have to go to your web browser on your phone and punch in the url to this blog every time you want to visit. You won’t have to access my blog through your favorites. Instead, you will have an “app” that looks like the featured image at the top of this post on the home screen of your device. Here is how to get it…
If you have an Android phone…
- All you have to do is open my blog in your web browser. You should immediately get a pop up that looks like this….
- Just click on “Add to home screen” and follow any other steps.
If you have an Iphone….
- Access my blog in Safari.
- Click on the air drop icon at the bottom of the screen
- Select the option that reads “Add to home screen.”
- Name the app or keep it at the default name.
- Click add.
- You should see an app on your home screen that looks like the one in the featured image.
For additional help just watch this video….
I’m not sure if this will work on other devices that use apps like a tablet or an ipad, but for those of you who have those devices feel free to try it.
This doesn’t provide blog notifications. I hope this will be added at some point by the creators of this plugin. As of right now it simply provides an easy and convenient way to access my blog quickly.
I plan to use this app feature myself because I access my own blog quite a bit through my phone. I think it’s pretty damn cool!